To begin your application process for our Pups for Vets program fill out this form:
To apply for our training held in Sharon Ma on Sundays and appointment basis fill out this form:
If you would like to FOSTER one of our pups please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/13dha1GGBvbPbdPWA
22Mohawks Pups for Vets Program is bringing purpose into veterans’ lives, while also positively affecting their home lives and relationships. This program has opened up a network of dedicated individuals looking to be part of a bigger cause, honoring the men and women who have so selflessly served us and our country. We strive to bring those who come to us into the 22Mohawks Family which is part of our solution and prevention to veteran suicide.
Training: 22Mohawks Pups for Vets Program offers in house training in Sharon Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
If you are receiving a pup from us and out side of Mass we will locate a training facility in your area and set up a training schedule for you.
Objectives: Veterans experiencing mental health issues may feel isolated, unsupported, or lacking purpose. A dog offers companionship and purpose, due to the care required and ongoing training the veterans and their families participate in. 22Mohawks Pups for Vets program participants and their families are invited to monthly trainings and cookouts which helps build social bonds. Between training sessions and social gatherings, this program is creating a larger meaning within 22Mohawks, the 22Mohawks Family.
These connections within the veteran community become a layer of security and ultimately contribute to suicide prevention.
Impacts: From September 2021 till Sept 2023 , we have paired over 87 dogs with veterans and their families. With scaled funding, we ideally will be able to pair 4-5 dogs and veterans each month, for a total of 60 per year.
The Pups: 85% of our pups come from rescue facilities with the other 15% being donations from breeders, organizations or eligible pets needing to be re-homed.
22Mohawks Pups for Vets recipient quotes:
“The hurdles in my head were beginning to climb too high and appear too often. I wasn’t sure how to muster the strength to ask for help. 22Mohawks made it easy for me. They stepped up to the plate and didn’t pass judgment. They provided me with a best friend, reinvigorated my focus on the mission, to simply live a comfortable, happy and long life. I never knew I’d find myself again and thanks to 22mohawks I have.” -Mike M, USMC
“When I left the army, it felt like something was missing in my life and at times I felt alone in my struggle.When I received my therapy dog from 22mohawks, It gave me purpose and brought happiness into my life. Now I am never alone, my dog is always there to make me smile.” -Frankie, United States Army
“I Just want to thank you guys for bringing Cashew into my life. I was the best man at my best friend’s wedding this weekend and I had Cashew with me the entire time. During my speech I talked about my attempt at suicide and how my friend helped me out of that dark place, but Cashew is the reason I didn’t do it. Cashew was also the star of the wedding and everyone loved him because he was so well behaved. I just wanted to thank you again from the bottom of my heart.” -Tim, USMC
“I just want to start by saying how fortunate we are to have 22Mohawks in our corner. Stacey and David’s efforts come straight from their hearts. Every project they start they see to the finish and with ongoing continued support, they played a major role from logistics to personal care when it came to finding my life companion Daisy, she is so wonderful and sweet and obedient I’ve been truly blessed by Stacey and David from the moment we met.” – Michael Lewis, Army